Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Day in Bishop

I was hoping to continue on the send train today but no luck. There were some other good sends in the Buttermilks today though. The coolest is Kevin Jorgenson's FA of a tall line on the east face of the Grandpa Boulder. Probably about V11/12 to a 5.12d solo. Looks rad. I'll have to try it sometime. Josh Lowell filmed it so it should be in his next film.

I tried Mystery, Direction and Buttermilker today - the main things I want to try to do today. None went that well though I came somewhat close to doing the Buttermilker from the the underclings (V12 version). Mystery still felt hard and Direction felt sharp. I'll rest tomorrow and then have another go on these the day after. Buttermilker is at the top of the list. I think I should be able to do it at least from the underclings. I have a pretty good sequence figured out now. It's hard though - lots of tension and slippery slopers - not my forte.

Here are a few photos from the past days that I like. The first two are of the sunrise two days ago. Then a photo of my two dogs the same morning. The final photo is of me just before the lip on Evilution left.





No comments:

Post a Comment