Friday, September 2, 2011

New England Slideshow Tour

I'm putting together a slideshow tour through New England for the end of September and beginning of October. I already have a few venues lined up but I have some open slots in the schedule too. I'm focusing on doing shows at colleges but am open to any location. If you're interested in hosting a show or know someone who might be, shoot me an email at the address on the poster below. For places with climbing facilities, I'm also offering to do a bouldering clinic. I'm psyched to head back to New England for a bit and cruise through my original stomping grounds. Hopefully I can motivate a few climbers along the way.


Bouldering Above Gear: A Synthesis of Distant Disciplines
by Matt Wilder

Through this multimedia show I'll try to figure out why I tend to find myself far above gear with hard moves between me and safety --- a question I ask myself often. I'll begin by tracking my history as a climber following my split identity as a boulderer and a trad climber with some classic photos from my early days. The bulk of the show will highlight classic climbs and boulder problems I've established, repeated, or failed on in the past. The show will culminate with a personal narrative of my experience establishing two new 5.14R trad routes in the Front Range, Viceroy and Cheating Reality, accompanied by video footage and photo sequences. I'll also explore my quest for the ultimate trad route that combines runout 5.13 climbing with a fairly well protected V13 or harder boulder problem.

3 comments:

  1. Would be awesome if you came up to Portland (Maine, that is). Maine Rock Gym is relatively small, but would be psyched to host, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julian, I'm hoping to arrange a show there. I'll be posting a schedule on the blog here so you'll know if it's going to happen there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a sign of gratitude on how my husband was saved from Pyromania, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered Pyromania Disorder and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony of so many people who was cured from Pyromania Disorder. and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Pyromania Disorder. I never imagined Pyromania Disorder has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one month he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Pyromania Disorder has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony

    ReplyDelete